Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Flying Imams Seek Settlement - Perhaps the Other Passengers Should Sue the Imams

It has been reported that the flying imams (see post of 11-22-06) want a settlement from the airline and an end to supposed profiling.

I have a different idea. Instead of the airline negotiating with the imams, the other passengers on the flight should consider acquiring attorneys and suing the imams for intentional infliction of emotional distress if such action is possible in the relevant jurisdiction.

In the post 9-11 world, the alleged conduct of the imams at boarding and on the plane is outrageous and would foreseeably cause severe emotional distress in reasonable people.

The plaintiff's bar is usually more aggressive about this sort of thing. I am surprised I have not seen my suggestion elsewhere.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Donald:

Since those imams were almost publicity seeking, the tables on them seems poetic and certainly just!

Anonymous said...

u call yourself a dean? I call you a bigot. and a racist for crying out loud!

Professor McConnell said...

"Anonomous",

Why? I am not being critical of anyone because of race or creed. I am being critical of people scaring other people by acting like terrorists have acted in public. I don't know and don't care what ethnic background the imams are from. m In fact I assume they are probably "white."

"Bigot" and "racist" are not magic words. And "attacking the man" arguments are not effective. May God enlighten your mind and improve your use of logic.